1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skill & Stat resets

Discussion in 'Flotalk' started by nikgofmans3, Sep 9, 2019.

?

Should you have to pay real money to reset your skills & stats

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. nikgofmans3

nikgofmans3 New Member

Hello all,

I have been playing florensia on and off essentially since launch, have put countless hours into it and have maxed characters before and after the reset, and still find myself returning to it for the nostalgic experience.

The one thing that has always struck me as being a big issue about this game is the fact that you must pay about €25 just to reset your skill & stat points.

I know for certain that almost all new players do not fully understand how to build their character properly when they start the game. An improper build (skill or stats) in this game makes you much, much weaker; in some cases it can make your character essentially unplayable, and 99% of new players will not want to pay this money just to reset their points when in almost every other game out there today you can do it for in-game currency. And instead of playing a broken character or re-doing all that levelling again they will simply leave the game and not return to it again.

Now, new players aside, even for late game this is an issue. Think of a cool new build you want to try out? give us $$$. Want to try fill a different role with your character? $$$$. Simply want to experiment to see what works best for you? more $$$$.

I've always found this concept ridiculous as it is very detrimental to the actual player experience, limits the possibilities of playstyles, and forces you to pay just to fine-tune your character to how you want to play it - especially in an environment where almost every other game realises this. Bit of a sad moneygrab in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Haze likes this.
  2. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member

If i started my first character i had no idea too. So i made a second better one. I dont see any problem here.

3. nikgofmans3

nikgofmans3 New Member

You didn't address the second point at all, and expecting a player to have to choose between fully restarting their character and re-do the same grinding levelling or pay real money just because they are a new player and aren't familiar with the game yet seems quite unreasonable. Cant imagine this being an overly positive experience for the majority of players.

4. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member

Long time ago there was a discussion about Skill and stat reset for the class change

I think this would be a good solution.

You always need to keep in mind that florensia is free to play anyway, so ist necessary to sell things for real money the ppl need to have extended Experience with different builds or make free new characters without paying.

I do both of it, Pay for high chars but Restart the game over and over with different builds since 11 years

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  5. Haze

Haze New Member

One of the things I really really love about Florensia is exactly the point that you can distribute your skill- AND statuspoints on your own. For beginners it's quite tricky but it gives you the possibility to make your charakter individual. Most other games barely let you distribute only skill points on your own..

But even so it's truely sad that you have to pay so much money every time you want to try something new and that's the point where many other games do their job so much better. I think that is one big reason (along with bad balancing) why there are almost only full dex or full con characters out there in Florensia. Nearly no one want's to pay so much money for every high level character just to find out which playstyle fits them the most or is just the most fun for them. I'm pretty sure that, even with bad balancing, someone with individual stats can surpass a full con/dex character if they have similar gear and the individual charakter just fits better with the playstyle of the player than the full con/dex one.

I realy like to play damage dealer even though they are mostly useless in 1 on 1 pvp. I play most of my characters with full str or full int (which is probably not the best way to go for a DD but I don't know it better) just because I don't want to use hundrets of euros just to try out several combinations with every charakter. Also I don't have the freetime to start hundrets of charakters just to try different combinations (because you have to level them at least to about level 60, or even higher because of elite mobs, to see if the stats and skills are suitable with your mains). I mean maybe as a DD it's much more effective to spend at least one point in wis for Mp so you can use more skills or one point in wil or what ever, and with that you have to look over your skills again.

If I could change all this things for ingame money or even better for free (like in most other games) I would spend hours just to finetune every charakter and with this the motivation to spend more time in the game and real money for usefull cash items would rise a lot. At the moment I even barely play the game at all because DD chars, and also every other char I tried, like full con, are very hard to level solo in elite dungeons (I know they are for partys but there is no other way for solo players atm) and I don't have the time to join a guild because most of the time I have just a few hours a week to come online.

I think it would really be much better if they accomplish to make a Florensia 2, which should be completely revised so it would fit the year 202X, most of the mechanics, like this one, are just outdatet.

Just my honest opinion on this topic.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Tom likes this.