1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightning Recall...

Discussion in 'Mercenary' started by Chikkendonuts, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Chikkendonuts

Chikkendonuts New Member

This skills miss alot...like i mean alot. When aoeing mobs it misses the main target but kill off the rest of the mob; or misses the mob and the mob gets to kills you.(pls devs) Should we even try maxing this or keep it at level one for Utility purposes?

2. matarishvan

matarishvan Well-Known Member

Right.

Lightning Recall is not a proper "around" skill, it works more V-shaped, that is, the narrowest point of the V is where you are actually positioned, and its widest angle is at its end. Or in short: Lightning Recall will never kill all all mobs surrounding you. Therefore, it should be directed at those mobs which cause the most damage, a boss for instance, or the strongest mob(s).

It does actually miss quite often at the early stages, however, the higher you up it the better are the results. I usually use it after a Tornado Slash; if you have this AOE for one-handed swords, the best sequence is: Tornado Slash, Lightning Recall, AOE one-handed sword (I don't recall its name at the moment). If not, it's: Tornado Slash, Lightning Recall, Tornado Slash. The results are the same :)

mata :)
    (loves Lightning Recall)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  3. Chikkendonuts

Chikkendonuts New Member

V shaped hit box? Is this why I sometimes see grinders wall aoeing mobs? I think this skill just is glicthy. Sometimes it would hit even 360 all around.

4. matarishvan

Depends on how big or small the distance between the mobs is. Just test it!

Chikkendonuts likes this.
  5. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member

And ist a magical Skill, so hitrate depends on magic hitting

Chikkendonuts likes this.
  6. Chikkendonuts

Chikkendonuts New Member

Well does anyone know a good magic hit rate% ratio for the lightning recall skill? I would really much like to hit all my aoes.

7. matarishvan

Well, consider the hitbox, consider the distance between the mobs and the idea behind Lightning Recall (spreading electric shock, which spreads the better the smaller the distance between them is), and the mobs' magical defence. The better the mobs' magical defence is, the more frequently it will miss. Although you wouldn't expect it in a grinder like Flo, there is a bit of strategy involved. And: be patient.

My Lightning Recall is max, it hardly ever misses.

Tip: Test several skill sequences, for me Tornado Slash - Lightning Recall - Tornado Slash works fine. Don't start the sequence with Lightning Recall as it might miss.

mata :)