1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improvement to Mercenary /Gladiator / GS Skilltree - Developers and Florensia Staff please read.

Discussion in 'Mercenary' started by CaptainTimey, Aug 12, 2015.

?

Do you agree with CaptainTimey on these skill changes?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. I like pie

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. CaptainTimey

CaptainTimey Member

For the last 7 years i have been a dedicated player of florensia, many times i quit and come back and every time it makes me question my self, what can be changed in this game?. And actually the first thing that i think needs to be changed is skill trees for nearly all classes... why? Because there are some classes which are impossible to pvp with against others and some classes which are seriously overpowered.

Ofcourse this isn't a new discussion or a new topic, however i want everyone to know my thoughts and ideas on the balancing of the class which i am playing again at the moment, which is mercenary/gladi/GS. I think that at the moment they are the weakest class in pvp when compared to godlike classes like CM shaman, exca and etc.

Yes i know every class has their weakness and strenghts, however when i look at the skilltree of a mercenary for example all i see is weird numbers. Why? Let me give you an example which you will see below if you keep reading: Sword mastery: 11 points for 191 1handed sword damage... Yeh and many more like this. I mean this exists in every skilltree nearly in the game, however if you fully analyse the skilltree of a merc, gs or a gladi especialy, you will actually find that it is a good material for making you laugh if you are having a bad day.

The changes i talk about below are all done by taking other classes, cash shop items and etc into mind. (Yes nearly every class is godlike with +10 or higher armor and weps, but if a class is weak, like the mercenary spamming cs will make them stronger however, spamming cs on other classes will make them godlike and nearly unkillable , therefor again merc becomes unbalanced) You see what im getting at?

I know that developers are working on balancing the game, so this is a perfect time to tell them my opinion as an experienced player who used gladi and gs for both lvling and allot of pvp. (With and without op cs items). Also i have said this before, but i believe that changing the duration of a skill for example or increasing the damage is as easy as correcting a spelling mistake. Its code that needs to be changed with a few clicks.
    Anyway...

So here are the things that I think needs to be changed...

I will mark the current skill as red and blue as what I would recommend it being changed to.

Mercenary / Gladiator / GS:

Berserk: 165 extra damage => 600 extra damage

Heart of Steel: Increase HP by 2063 => Increase HP by 4000

Deep Slash: 211 damage every 3 seconds for 21 seconds (15 points) => 600 damage every 3 seconds for 21 seconds

Upper Slash: 12 points for only 1500 extra damage... and still no increase in stun duration from 1 to 15, seriously lol. => 12 points for 2000 damage + 2 seconds extra stun duration at maxed lvl

Cross Edge (Bugged skill, and hasnt been fixed for the last 4 years, what a shame) This skill does reduce atk speed by 52% at max lvl but its bugged becaus it decreases cast time of skills, making enemies cast their skills faster LOL => Fix bug + Increase atk speed debuff to at least 60%.

Sword mastery: 11 points for 191 1handed sword damage LOL seriously? XD => Change to 400 (minimum) 1h sword damage.

Smask Quake: 10 points for 2612 damage with 1603 mana cost => Fix atack speed debuff like cross edge, and decrease mana cost to 1200 at max lvl. Also increase damage to 3000.

Berserker: Movement speed 60% increase at lvl 1 and at max (10 points) +204 Damage => Change to 100% movement speed at max + 400 Damage

LIGHTNING BLOODY RECALL: Yes i typed it in capitals because this skill is the most f**d up skill in the gladiator skiltree now, with really high mana cost compared to its hit rate and damage. (The only good thing being only 6 points for max lvl and the movement speed debuff) 1624 mana cost for 2681 damage WHICH doesnt gurantee to hit 50% of the time even on mobs lower lvl than you, because its based on magic hit, not physical hit rate.(Seriously why the hell would you give a physical class a magic hit rate skill? LOOOL ) => Change to physical hit rate + Increase Damage to 3500 (because YES... we gladiators sadly need more damage against other op classes and cash shop abusers. Also the damage adds up with magic damage, (int) so change that to STR as well. If this skill is fixed, it will literally be the most successful skilll in the game for gladiator.

Shield bash: 11 points for 6 second stun => Change to 6-8 points to max this skill or increase the stun to 8 seconds please. Its too much points for a 6 second stun, seriously...

Storm Edge: One of my favourite skills for 1h sword, but something just feels missing guys... => Add a 60% Crit rate bonus at max lvl, so that it will help in pvp.

Blood Fury: 7 points for 20% atk and movement speed at max & 281 damage bonus => 30% Atk and movement speed + 350 Damage bonus + 20% Life steal effect from auto attacks (Meaning every auto attack you do while this skill is active will heal you for 20% of the damage you deal). I think this will be perfect for the gladiators because of their sustain in fights and also for 1v1 leveling, for my full str gladiator brothers!

Sacrifice of Blood (THE FORGOTTEN BUT UNDERESTIMATED SKILL WHICH NEEDS A FIX):

So this 1handed sword skill deals 470 extra dmg at max lvl (7points) and it also heals you for 38% of the damage delt. So something like what i mentioned for the blood fury change. However The extra damage it deals is really low and the amount it heals is also very low for a class which needs sustain in pvp and when boss hunting at lower levels. => Change to 1000 Extra damage at max + Heal for 100% of the damage delt at max lvl.

candoga444, MasterMoo, Oggy and 4 others like this.
  2. BMG55

BMG55 Member

I wish i coulda voted yes and that i like pie. God dammit florum

3. Rene

Rene Staff Member

Multiple Votes would be possible, just ask the vote owner to give you the option :)

@CaptainTimey

Nice work

sachin592 and CaptainTimey like this.
  4. Ice

Ice Member

Hi Timey, you've made some very good points in your post but I think it might be a little overkill. Sure, mercs need a buff but if we implement these changes today then mercs will be tankier than any other class while dealing the most damage out of all the classes... Just saying. I agree with what you're saying, I just think the numbers should be toned down just a little bit.

Tarkuth and CaptainTimey like this.
  5. CaptainTimey

CaptainTimey Member

Hey Ice, thanks for the thoughts. I was also thinking the same as you while tying the changes that were in my mind ( that they might be over the top a bit. But i think they are fine.

Let me talk about stuns...The reason for this is that all other classes in the game have more stun, shield or a movement preventing skills, e.g. ice shiels , armor of light, nett launch, iceball etc (all you can think of)... And merc? They have nothing like this except the gladi skill blood thirst which is a gap closer but this is useless against other stuns most of the time. All mercs get is a 6 second stun which takes up 11 points and another stun which has no bonus effect when maxed. (compare this to nobles sleep skill, which takes only few skillpoints and sleeps you for 30 seconds. Now thats just one example why merc skills take too much points.

You said that with these changes gladi will be op because they will be more tanky? There is barely any skills or changes i mentioned that will make them tanky (except for heart of steel).

As for damage, again the dmg bonus from passives are really low and they take so many points. And mercs, especially gladiator NEEDS the extra damage. Why? One reason: Priest can buff them selves or allies with huge physical def buffs = physical dealing damage classes are doomed. BUT are there any magic resistance buffs to help gladi or exca / sniper from op cm or shamans? nop. So thats why i think mercs and especially gladiator, a class which was meant for pure power and damage should have more skils which give more damage.

I have had many pvp where i spent more than half the time trying to break through an armor of light or a full wis cms mp just to even start dealing damage. And by the time that ended I would already be dead because they are over resistant to physical damage with their skills.

6. BMG55

BMG55 Member

Rene can i get a hug :oops:

7. CookieFarts

CookieFarts Active Member

and give mercs a small dmg reflect skill to make all that hp they have a hassle to wittle down. o;

8. SolarMaster

SolarMaster Active Member

Mercenaries need a buff that's true ,then you can fix and buff the others class (calm for explorer , prayer and recovery etc..)

9. BMG55

BMG55 Member

Wait but solar i thought prayer and calm already work? I havent tested calm yet but isnt it supposed to reset the agro of a monster/boss? thought it worked lol

10. SolarMaster

No xD Calm doesn't work or maybe he's useless and prayer doesn't work with Recovery but he still work fine with HH, Master reco , Instant reco and Aurora ^^

11. BMG55

BMG55 Member

Oh yea now that you mention it prayer is a little messed up. I thought that was the way its supposed to be but it doesnt make sense if prayer is supposed to increase recovery ability xD. The fact that the skill mamed recovery doesnt get increased is pretty hilarious

SolarMaster likes this.
  12. SolarMaster

Ouais: p, je pense qu'ils ont juste besoin de fixer prière.Also , these suggestions are very very good for Gladiator/Guardian Swordman , good job timey :3 +1

13. CookieFarts

CookieFarts Active Member

If Prayer (and cs items like Prayer) affected Recovery, it would be op. Recovery alrdy heals 800 every 3 seconds but with Prayer and items it would heal around 1300 every 3 seconds. And with aol I don't think anything hits much over 1k on them, ya, pretty op.

14. SolarMaster

Yeah maybe , they can balance the others class and the PvE but prayer upgrade ALL the heals it's strange...

15. Anima

Anima New Member

SolarMaster likes this.
  16. Kumquat

Kumquat Active Member

Nice work Timey.

I've never played the mercenary class, but i agree that it needs a lot of improvement, their debuff are pretty crappy.
    Maybe some of the value are too high but thats something that developers judge by themselves.

The only thing i can suggest is that since mercenaries use the shield, a possibility to block the attack (physical or magical) from the enemy could be added.

Greets

BMG55 likes this.
  17. BMG55

BMG55 Member

Kumquat this is why i love you

18. sachin592

sachin592 New Member

nice idea. if they do so i will start playing gladiator again :p

19. Kumquat

Kumquat Active Member

I hope you "love" the Fruit :rolleyes:

20. MasterMoo