1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guardian Swordsman help needed!

Discussion in 'Mercenary' started by Castiel, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Castiel

Castiel Member

Heya I wanna ask for a couple of build here, since I'm thinking of maining GS so I can farm bosses and get some gold.

I'm doing full con for the stats but my question is: Can someone help with a leveling build? A build used solely to hit lvl 99 (and yes I know bosses scale, and I'm better off stopping at 78 but I really want 99)

Aaaand a second build, once I hit lvl 99 I can use to tank/solo bosses and do a little bit of PvP (I also know GS is terribad at PvP)

2. Kratos

Kratos Active Member

Well, for Instance, lvl 99 is mostly bad for 2 particular bosses, namely rashif and serbetus, all the others work just fine for 90+ GSMs.
    Secondly, going full kon and aoeing is the best by farm, maxing your 2 aoes is a must, you might also want to max your defense passives and concentration, in the end it should look like this:
    [​IMG]

3. Makabrus

Makabrus New Member

Mmm... You're overthinking this. If your objective is to reach lvl 99 its ok to go for a leveling build, but you will need to tank some boses before you reach max lvl (trust me it will take a while as a GS). In my opinion you should put 4 points in Provocation (3 also works, but its a bit risky). Why? You're a tank. If you want to get to 99 you will need to do towers, a lot of towers, and every 10 floores there's a boss that you need to tank. If the boss is attacking you, the rest of the party can focus on dealing damage instead of kiting/stuning the boss, so it will be faster. As a GS you will be the member of the party with less damage so you need to compensate by adding utility to your build. Other than that I think Kratos' build is ok for leveling.

Now the max level build.

Must-have skills:

Absolute Defense - 6 points (maxed). Extra defense.
    Stone skin - 15 points (maxed). Extra defense.
    Shield mastery - 15 pints (maxed). Extra defense.
    Upper Slash - 1 point. Utility. Helps you position the boss, very usefull.
    Provocation - 4 points. With 4 points your Provocation will be infinite. You can also put only 3 points but you will lose control for half a second. It's a bit risky but it works too.
    Cry of Courage - 3 points (maxed). Utility.
    Composure - 9 points (maxed). Gives you accuracy. This is a must if you want to solo boses.
    Balance Up - 5 points (maxed). Less stuns = easy life.

It looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Personal choice skills:

So far there are 63 points spent and 36 left.

Cross Edge - I really, really, RREALLY recommed you this skill. All skills in Florensia are based on the animation and at the same time the animation depends on attack speed. What does that mean? If you reduce someone's attack speed the animation speed is reduced too so they can cast less skills. This works with boses too. Take Lord Robinson as an example. He has low physical damage, but has two skills that spams A LOT. If you reduce his attack speed by 50% he will attack 50% slower and his animation will last 50% longer, so technically he casts 50% less skills, which is a very good thig for you as a tank. Also it has a very low mana cost (even when you max it out), you can use it all the time.
    Shield Bash - This is a very good skill, but needs a lot of mana. Usually you will only use it for an emergecy. It has a lot more youse in PvP than PvE so, If you are not planning on doing PvP at all, I don't recommed you this skill. Do whatever you want, this is a personal choice skill after all.
    Sword Mastery - A very underrated passive. Since as a GS you use almos all your MP for your Absolute Defense, you usually don't use skills, only Cross edge and Upper slash since they are "low-cost" skills. If you want to solo bosses, especially Serbetus and Juan take A LOT of time to kill. This skill will make them easyer to kill and will save you some money since you will use less potions.
    Smash Quake - Useful skill for a tank. It's an AoE skill, witch will help you maintain aggro on big grups of mosnters but it's also useful as single-target skill since it has a -30% attack speed debuff (read my explanation about Cross Edge if you haven't). I don't recommend puting more than 1 point.
    Berserker - Usefull skill, but you need to "waste" 4 points before beeing able to learn it. In my opinion it's not worth it. Personal choice.
    Aggersion - If you are planning on getting a very good sword (+10 81/37 for example) take this skill. With only 3 points you get an extra 10% damage, wich is a lot if you have a good weapon. Again, personal choice.

I will give you two examples of what I think are good builds.

The Full-1h, man-mode, solo-every-boss-like-a-boss build:
    [​IMG]
    This build it's my personal favorite. It's a full 1h build. You don't even need a 2h sword since you will deal more damage with your 1h (Sword mastery + Cross edge). Also it's probably the best if you want to solo bosses. Shield slam and Cross edge also help a lot in PvP.

The versatile build:
    [​IMG]
    This build it's less cool, less fun, slightly better. With this build you can do anything.

NOTES:
    • Shield Slam has a 100% hit chance.
    • Remember, for mercenaries Balance Up needs 5 points.
    • Smash Quake has a higher-than-normal chance to miss, that's why I don'r recommed maxing it. I can't prove this, but I've been playing Florensia since the open beta and mained a GS for 3 years and that's what I observed.
    • I've made this "guide" assuming you will go FULL cons and you will have +4 items. If you want to use diferent stats or better items you may have to change some things.

TL;DR

For leveling use Kratos' build, but get level 4 Provocation.
    For the max level build use the "Must-have" build (1st image) and complete it to match your playstyle.

Manns and Bobob like this.
  4. Castiel

Castiel Member

Hey, thx for the help. I managed to make myself 2 builds using your help. Can you go trough them? The left one is strictly AoE (and a little bit of boss) build, the right one Is what i will reset to after i hit 99, and It's used for hardcore bossing (in party and solo)

[​IMG]

5. Kratos

Kratos Active Member

both suck

6. Castiel

Castiel Member

Elaborate on that.

7. Makabrus

Makabrus New Member

lol

Ok, lets see...
    The AoE build:
    Two-Handed Sword Mastery its a very bad skill for a GS. You have to spend 90% of the time with a shield equiped while leveling or you will die.
    Impact Energy not only stuns the objective, it also moves it. That's very bad for a tank becouse you move the bosses so much that sometimes they will reset. Also some bosses like Serbetus or Rashif have to be tanked in a specifc angle, that skill makes it impossible to tank those bosses in a party.

The 1v1 build:
    To max Smash Quake it's not very useful, it needs a lot of mana and it doesn't deal as much damage as Tornado Slash. If you want an AoE skill take Tornado.
    Berserk is a very bad skill skill for a high level character. Even when maxed out it only gives you 165 damage. Not worth at all.

8. Castiel

Castiel Member

Ok, so:

Aoe:
    I took 2h mastery so i can grind 1v1 in secret lab once i hit 94. Nothing else really needed to AoE anyways, so might as well.
    Imapc energy, yes I've been told that the skill is shit and I'm really thinking it over... I dunno.

1v1 Build:
    Smash quake for utility so i can keep some agression on the mobs when cry of courage is on cooldown. (Didn't take tornado cause i want a full 1h sword + shield build. No 2h after 99)
    Berserk really isn't all that great, BUT seeing it as I have nothing left to max. I could get shield bash, but it costs too much mana and Is used mainly in pvp. I could get storm edge, but the same problem occurs with the mana. I could trade away berserk for cross edge since everything else is not worth.

PS: Is impact energy really as bad as people say? Does it not have it's uses?

9. Castiel

Castiel Member

OK, so no PvP build. I won't be doing any pvp untill we get GS buffed :3

This is leveling aoe build + secret lab grind.
    [​IMG]

Now, last one.(FULL BOSS TANK/NO PVP) This is where i really need help :( I got 10 points left and IDK what else to take. I don't feel like getting shield bash cause I won't be doing any pvp. How does it look?

[​IMG]

I think I improved them a lot!!!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  10. Makabrus

Makabrus New Member

Why don't you simply use the leveling build untill you get to 90 or so? By leveling the character to 99 you will learn so much about it you won't even need a guide.
    Also don't put too much hope in the laboratoy grind. I have tried it with my shaman and gladiator and it's not as fast as doing towers. Maybe as a party you can level faster, but killig them 1 by 1 as a GS will probably be very slow.

rain, Adrizati, Prishan and 1 other person like this.
  11. Castiel

Castiel Member

I like the idea. I'll just focus on enjoying the game with the leveling build. It's gonna take months to "need" that full tank build. But the leveling build is OK, right?

12. Prishan

Prishan Active Member

I think the Secret Lab was made to MKs D=

Maku1 likes this.
  13. Maku1

Maku1 Active Member

Lol yes you are righ xD i always though the same

14. Adrizati

Adrizati Member

Secret Lab is perfect for CMs too, even before the nerf. I was aoe'ing 10 of them at a time on my fullcon cm, like 25 after the nerf. It was great :)

15. CaptainTimey

CaptainTimey Member

Everywhere is ok, as long as you are a pirate.

HeadHun7eRz likes this.