1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GS FULL STR?

Discussion in 'Mercenary' started by Jawl, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Jawl

Jawl Member

isnt cross edge bugged?

2. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member

I didnt had any bug :eek:

3. Jawl

Jawl Member

Could a GM confirm this? because last time i checked cross edge was bugged, i guess it would be really good for soloing bosses due to the atk speed decrease.

4. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member

Which bug you had? There is just a small optical bug because the skill animation isnt 50% decrease its 50% increased. But its just the Animation of the skill attack, the attack speed is decreased as intended. Im using it much for farming since 1+ year without problems

5. Jawl

Jawl Member

idk but i used to hear about a bug with that skill. Could you explain further this 50% increased please? I dont quite get it

6. Taru

Taru Well-Known Member

I assume he means the animation speed of autoattacks. Cross Edge reduces the attack speed for autoattacks and their corresponding animation.
    So basically the bug seems to speed up the animation, leaving the enemy standing still for the rest of the attack duration (which is slowed down). However, I never experienced that bug myself, for me the animation is slown down as intended.

Maybe it only affects the animation of players, or it only looks speed up for other players than yourself.

Other than that, I never heard of any other bug with that skill. Just beware that as said, it only reduces the attack speed of autoattacks, not the attack speed of skills. It is still a good skill at least for bosses, as longer time for autoattacks means less chances for the boss to use his skill in the same time span without cross edge.

For your initial question:
    Basically, the 1h passive and beserk would be useful for your build, however take in mind that these skills need more skill points than they're actually worth it. So you should overthink if you couldn't use your points better in that regard.

If you really mean beserker as you wrote (so the skill that increases your speed), I would clearly tend to no. It gives more damage than Berserk, but don't forget that it only lasts for about 10 seconds. So in practical combat it wouldn't be that useful.

Storm Edge is actually an okay skill. It doesn't need that much MP, has a short cooldown and deals good damage (for 1h). However, the attack animation is quite long. Because of that, it isn't a skill you can use always, but rather as a finisher or if you know you can't deal the same damage in auto attacks before your enemy can counter you. Depending on how often you use it then, you can calculate for yourself if this instant damage is more useful than a basic damage increase for all your other (1h) attacks.

Lastly, it heavenly depends on what you want to do with your gs. If you plan on mostly tank the later bosses (like Raindeef), you will basically try to always hold your absolute defense, making it more wisely to increase your autoattack damage then using a lot of skills which would drain your mp.

7. Jawl

Jawl Member

Very good post thank you!, and yes my plan is to tank bosses only, therefore should I go with the skills that max my 1h damage? and yes I meant Berserk sorry.

8. Jawl

Jawl Member

but like is it even worth maxing 1h skill because it only adds 191 attack, it isnt alot, and the berserk only adds like 165, which isnt alot either for the amount of points like 21 points combined.

9. Fream

Fream Member

I think the point of crossedge it has 52% attack reduction, so bosses has less time to spam aoe skills and such?

Tom likes this.
  10. Jawl

Jawl Member

Thats what I was thinking, but then i realized that I will be farming bosses later, therefore I will have to keep AD up at ALL times, that means not using skills that would cost a lot of mana and rely more on my auto attacks, therefore I went with 1h mastery and berserk, with that I wont be going sacrifice of blood anymore :(

11. Taru

Taru Well-Known Member

I wouldn't max out cross edge. As the bosses you can farm solo will scale down their damage of skills to a minimum, it is pretty much unimportant if they use them often or not. Also, it just needs too much skill points to reach double effect - points you can spent into more useful aspects.

I've made a quick picture to show you how I would build the basic skillroute for a full tank:
    [​IMG]
    Assuming you will stop at level 78 (normally gs stop there to be able to farm the bosses solo with a good coat (+buffs) as with each more level over the level of the boss the needed defense increases), you now have 25 points left.
    So yes, you can basically max out both the 1h passive and Berserk.
    The two other interesting skills would be balance up and berserker. However, as you need absolute defense always active, you will always have 100% stun resistance anyways, so you don't need balance up. Berserker is also not needed, as you would need to switch to your 2h for it, leaving you with insufficient defense. It would be a handy skill for traveling, but sadly you would need 5 skill points to reach it.

Sacrifice of Blood could indeed have been interesting. Normally the skill is not worth it because of the low heal. But as a full strength build, you will deal more damage and have not much HP anyways. But on the other side, as said the bosses you can kill solo should not deal you much damage anyways (about none), so you don't really need that skill. And yes, it would also consume quite much MP over time I guess.

12. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member

Cross edge helps much because bosses do less skill attack and you can work better in a party. Ist not possible to scale down the dmg of dots and If your ad turns off its better the boss dont shade/stun you often, so balance up max is needed too.

I played long time without cross edge but its much better now, ofcourse you still need to have all def skills max

13. Jawl

Jawl Member

Well I dont plan to stop leveling at 78, I want to stop at around 90 or 94, then switch to glad if i feel like it, but i do want to farm alot of bosses. I went with the 1h max, im also maxing the stun passive, and unfortunatelly enough i already put one points in balance up :( I also got the upper slash for extra stun.

14. Taru

Taru Well-Known Member

Well, if you go beyond 80+, it will practically become impossible to tank some of the bosses, especially with a full str build.
    Not that I want to stop you, I personally like players who not use ther gs just for farming at level 78. But just so you are aware of that.
    In general, tanking bosses with full str is not that easy if they have dots (or probably about impossible). So you will clearly need a party for that. The only bosses where a full str build will come in handy are the bosses which only deal instant damage which you can scale down to 1 damage with your defense. The most prefered bosses for that are Serbetus (lv70), Rashif and Hugel (lv75). As said, if you level up beyond 80+, you will not be able to tank them solo anymore. As Serbetus and Rashif however will also wipe out anyone without enough defense with one hit, they will become difficult to beat even with a party. Except you plan to stunlock them, but that would make a tank quite unnecessary. So that leaves only Hugel, which will still deal quite some damage to you, but should be doable with a party.*
    *Problem is however, that Hugel tends to spam his 12 second shade skill, which forces your party to stunlock him, or leave you alone tanking him with your low hp. Doable, but maybe quite ineffective.

Balance Up is okay. As said, it is not needed for pure tanking, but rather against players. Don't know if you want to fight players with a gs full str build though.
    Upper Slash is alright as well, but keep in mind that it's chance to hit will be affected by the monster-resistance. So if you fight against Rashif for example, if the skill would hit based on your hitrate, it will still have a 50% chance to miss anyway, as Rashif has 50% resistances.

15. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member

97 str gs and I can farm nearly all bosses :p

16. Taru

Taru Well-Known Member

Alright alright. You CAN farm the bosses with a full str build. But you have a support priest with you :p
    So it depends. As said, solo will become difficult. And Serbetus and Rashif will still need a proper party and even then, I assume stunlocking would be the better choice (sadly).
    So basically said: If you want to farm these two bosses (solo), you have to stop at 78.
    Other than that, sure you can farm anything with a proper party, and with a good priest you can also still do the tank work I guess.

17. Prillya

Prillya Member

Meh a uneven number... >_<

18. Jawl

Jawl Member

sadly that is true, im going full str, however i got one reset from florensia back in 2015 in my character, so i was planning on leveling as much as possible with my gs and then if i wish reset to full con. I want level 99 with this GSM even lvl 99 i wouldnt be able to farm all bosses full str? even with priest buff? I just like having a different build than most.

19. Taru

Taru Well-Known Member

The problem is that for each level you are higher than the boss, it weal deal more skill damage to you.
    This sounds ridicilous but that's how the mechanics are working. Based on that every boss should be a challenge, I think that this isn't even that bad.
    However, Serbetus and Rashif have one particularly skill that deals...uhm 100,000 damage?
    So basically this skill will wipe out every player instantly (besides the cheating noble who can absorb one hit with Ice Shield *cough*).
    The only way to avoid this is to reach a very high amount of defense, so you can take
    - a few hits so you can kill the boss together with your teammates
    - every hit as you have so much defense that the skill damage will scale down to 1
    The second thing is normally only doable by a gs as he has absolute defense. And even with that, on level 78, as far as I know you still need quite a good coat and additional buffs to beat them solo.
    So I'm not 100% sure but I think for each level above the boss you need about +200 defense or more. You can calculate for yourself now what an incredible amount you would need on level 99. There is new armor in the game which is better than as I grew up with, but I don't think that it will fully compensate the defense you need at 99. That being said, even with a party it would become difficult to tank these two bosses as you would probably be a one- or two-hit.
    The rest of the bosses however you can still beat with a good supporter and/or a good party of course.
    But I would say it is still more difficult as with full con of course, even if you are faster with str. If as full str you would have 8k HP for example and Robinson would deal you 1-2k each time, you can see that it isn't that great. But doable in a party.

But for the last part Tom can give you better advices than me.
    I would basically tend to say that full str isn't probably the main choice for a first front tank. Normally it is used only for the later bosses where you can scale the damage to 1, as you can farm them solo, fast and gain all the items.

20. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member

i wanna be gs lv 99 too and i can farm all bosses with my party (without fusion), so it works :)
    (and im very useful for the higher bosses 85-90+ too)