1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GS AOE question

Discussion in 'Mercenary' started by AleRapi, Feb 15, 2017.

1. AleRapi

AleRapi New Member

Hi, i'm currently trying to use a future GS with an AOE build. I'm using a FULL CON build but i have some question about my skills tree. I'm currently level 32 and this is my skill tree:

[​IMG]

I'm going to max shiled stone skin, composure, tornado slash and shield mastery. So,my questions:

1. What other skills should i get?
    2. What about 1h word mastery and 2h word mastery?
    3. Is this class so bad and difficult to exp, should i "migrate" to another class?
    Thank you:)

2. Maunzilla

Maunzilla Well-Known Member

Well, I think GS is intrinsically a boss-hunter class. If you really want to play aoe, a Gladiator or another class like Saint or Explorer is more suitable.
    Sword Mastery is a bit a waste of points. Better take some strengh, as you won't need that much HP.

3. Ray66

Ray66 Active Member

Balance Up 5 points ofc.

[​IMG]

4. Stylowz

Stylowz Member

Hey AleRapi,

Im currently testing my GS Aoe build and it works quite well.
    My stats: 200con - 100dex - 100str
    I felt like trying this out because I got free resets at the start.

My skilltree:
    [​IMG]
    These are just the ones I would focus on ^^

5. AleRapi

AleRapi New Member

I'm seeing that you're using smash quake at 10, but is it really worth it?

Another question, i was think about doing a 200 con and then full str build, what do you think?

6. Stylowz

Stylowz Member

I would say yes because you need the dmg if you really want to aoe.
    It takes me about 3 aoe's to kill all the mobs I gathered. After my second aoe which is SQ I start running abit and then use my first aoe again.
    I considered putting dex because I wanted to aoe mobs that are 3-5lvls above me without missing.

Ofc. you can go 200con and the rest to str. but youll be crit./stun really often and youll miss allot(if you aoe mobs higher then you).

7. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member

Im playing full str until 200 str and then con, perfect build for grinding 1on1 and bosses :)

8. AleRapi

AleRapi New Member

Hey guys, i recently returned on florensia.. but i still have some little doubts!

This is my current build :

[​IMG]

Let's say my first idea was to do a full con build, but some people say i should stop put points on con and i should start to put points on str. What do you think? What pro and con about each option? What should i do?

What about my skill tree? some advice?

9. Shinshu

Shinshu Well-Known Member

Mercenary isn't my main, but maybe it helps when you think what's your character main purpose is. Then skill and stat him that way.

I do this with every of my own characters. See, what if some people say you should put more points in str, but die instant in combat because you can't handle him this way?
    Hope this will be a little help.

10. Fream

Fream Member

I think you need to stop putting points on 1h AoE, after 5 the slow effect no longer grows, and the damage is negligible at best. The rest seems good enough, might wanna pick up Berserk (under Gale Smash) since the 60% movement speed can help a lot. Personally, I prefer to play as full con, but that's only cause I like to look at my lots of health. I think it's more optimal to start having strength after 180-200 con, especially if you ever end up playing with competent players who can take the heat off from you if you do this definitely get Aggression, the 15% damage bonus worth the four points.

For future skills, I like to have Cry of courage after 84 since it helps the people in the party, but if you only play solo then I don't recommend it. The other skill I really like is the passive 1h stun, makes killing bosses that require a lot of control easier.