1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florensia & It's EXP.

Discussion in 'Flotalk' started by Stylowz, May 31, 2019.

1. Stylowz

Stylowz Member

Hey Y'all,

I was wondering how everyone thinks about the exp system in florensia. In peticular I want to talk about the amount it takes to level up.
    So I've been playing this game since ages and It was always been a farming to level up game the further you get.
    I really like the game but to be honest the thing that's most disturbing is the amount of time it takes for someone to reach high levels / max level. I don't think I ever bothered to reach it since I always stopped at 90s or currently at 100.
    Since I have the feeling that this game is working hard on improving I was wondering why isn't it considered to raise the amount of exp gained or decrease the amount of exp needed to level up to at least half. Seriously the double exp event currently running should be standard.
    I personally never made more chars because I didn't want to put in that much effort and time into making other classes. Although I would really like to try every class.
    You might think this is a bit late from someone like me but I just felt like sharing my opinion since it seems like big things are going on and I'm sure that changing something this simple will also help new players to see how fun florensia can be.
    With so many more and new competitors in the mmorpg field I think florensia should become more newbie friendly.

Feel free to leave your own opinion. ^^

Peace ~
    Sty

2. Maunzilla

Maunzilla Well-Known Member

And what would you do at maxlevel?
    By the way, I remember when the level cap was raised to 105 it took less than 8 days for the first to reach that. It would e nice to have some more quests on certail levels, but this game always has been about grinding and leveling and not about staying at maxlevel.

3. Shadow

Shadow Active Member

Well, the players that reached max level that fast used Mars and 200% Pots. And that was when you were still able to aoe easily, which is no longer the case.

Grinding is extremly frustating, especially when you reach lv 100+. You suddenly need 6 times the exp than before...

99: 30579136
    100: 180323072
    101: 62166068
    102: 176279280
    103: 224779456
    104: 236218016
    105: 402630144

I would also like to see some decrease in the needed exp.

4. Stylowz

Stylowz Member

Thanks for your reply Maunzilla & Shadow.

Well as mentioned above I'd like to try out many classes so reaching max level with one would just be the start. If you know what I mean.
    Every game has such people with nonstop dedication as you mentioned but that doesn't apply to the majority.
    More quests at a higher level would also be great and I also agree that florensia has always been a grinding game but isn't it by far already time to change things? I think 90% or more that are still playing are oldies (not talking about age) and that's also becoming less and less.
    A few years back when I stopped florensia I started GW2 and there it wasn't a big thing being max level which again allowed or made me interested in trying out other classes. I know these are completely different games but I'm just saying that such changes should really be considered if something should change.

5. Fream

Fream Member

I know these days its basically a different game, and the new dungeons are really slow, compared to when I was still playing, but for me THE biggest charm of Florensia was how difficult it is to level, when seeing someone above 70 meant they are really dedicated to their character. My favorite memories is still seeing aDaneJr teaching Meye how to aoe ranged cyclopes (a technique I shamelessly stole) in chester or slowly grinding to 79 on lake ghosts, not to mention towering with as few ppl as possible to get some extra percentage.

Should it become more begginer friendly if it wants to take in more players? Probably. Will it loose some of its charm for me? Most likely, but then again I'm not sure I would start leveling in Florensia with the time I have as a responsible member of society. :p

Maunzilla likes this.
  6. Stylowz

Stylowz Member

True Story but:
    That's also one of the reasons I find it hard to get back into the game. ^^