1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farm with a Glad

Discussion in 'Mercenary' started by Rufah, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Rufah

Rufah Member

Hi.

I'm currently playing with a Glad lvl. 45 but with a low farm. I don't know how other players farm a lot of mobs and I wanna be able to do that.

I've run full dex, so I have 150 right now. My skill tree is next:

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]
    I have 2 Sup. Mole rings and 2 wis ring (for mana). I've not worried about forge, fusion, class cloths and weapons because I'm focused on farming. I've been strucked here for a lot of time. So, I really need the help.
    If need more info, ask about it, please.

2. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member

Sorry dude but dex dont work well for merc

You better should go into hp and Defense

Dex for merc = 0,5 avoid each point
    Dex for Explorer = 0,75 avoid
    Noble and saint i Think about 1,5-2

3. Rufah

Rufah Member

I put dex till 200, not only for avoid, but also for hit and the 3rd aoe.
    But, maybe I should go back to the meta.

4. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member

Third aoe needs magic hitting, dont ask me why xD

And yea Saints Explorers and nobles are able to aoe much more monsters.

Im playing full str aoe glad atm lv 45 too

Let me see how this is working xD

At least I didnt skilled the third aoe

5. luxnamii

luxnamii New Member

i guess 50 dex the rest con is enough for Mercs as long as u max the composure and the balance up and then you will be fine :)

Tom likes this.
  6. Rufah

Rufah Member

Dude, with dex I hardly miss 3rd aoe. And how about aoe str? Didn't take 3rd 'cause Tornado's too strong, is it? XD!

Tom likes this.
  7. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member

Yea i dont use third aoe :)

8. SoL

SoL New Member

Then I will also take part in this thread:

-) First, as Tom already said, it´s not useful to stat dex as Gladiator just so the mobs don´t hit you. You get the least amount of avoid from all classes, so you need a lot more points just you have the same amount of avoid then for example noble. Also as Gladiator, if your are using shield, you have a lot of phy. def that can only be fully used, if you have a lot of health.

Also one of the good points of the Gladiator is, that he can do pretty much anything, pvp, pve, farming bosses unlike other classes. But that requires to have a lot of Hp. (Personally - not a fan about full con either, but still the most important skill for Gladiator)

-) I wouldn´t recommend maxing “Heart of steal”. Why? Because It´s not worth it - you spend 9 Points for solely 2k hp more Hp + the extra point for the basic skill “Beserk” If you go full con, you will have enough HP for pve, so you can use your Points otherwise.

-) The 3rd aoe - well thats a tough one. First, that 3rd one (Lightning recall) needs magic hitting, One Theory, why it does need magic and not melee hitting, can be, that it’s an elemental attack, that calls lightning to attack your opponent. So that’s why getting dex points just that your 3rd aoe hits is not a good decision. All other skills hit to 100% even without dex, if you max. composure. (At least for lvling/farming bosses)

Personally – I would max. Lightning recall, because it costs only 6 points for doing a lot of dmg. With fusion, it can hit most of the mobs. Without fusion, the hitrate is still moderate, with +4 gloves. (Except mobs, that have the skill to reduce your hitting like elite fox in ED1). But for pvp, it´s just wasting Mp.

About which aoe is better for the Gladiator, I will make a extra thread about that, if anyone wants to read my opinion.^^

9. Rufah

Rufah Member

I feel like I'm on primary school again. .-.

1. I have pretty clear about dex. I chose HoS to compensate the lack of hp (and I ignored all def skills, so I had a lot of skill points). And I never do PVP.

2. Yeah, that's a tough one. Isn't dex give magic (or general) hit? 'Cause as I've said, I hardly miss it with dex. Only when mobs aren't in the range.

3. Do you guys recommend to max shield mastery instead 2h mastery? (I know it only gives max attack)

4. Or a better question: should I do another char and start again?

And really thanks for tour answers, guys. .n.

10. SoL

SoL New Member

1-) Well if you really put a lot of your points in dex, you really need more HP, so skilling it would be a good choice, if you don´t have good cash items. The reason why I suggest not skiling it, is the dex build itself. Just to be sure, I don´t criticise for no reason and I´m always up for creative builds. (I´ m not a fan of full Points in 1x stat either). But you will have a lot of Problems later, when you reach the lv for Elite dungeons. Without a good amount of HP/high deffence, where the merc is the best, it will be very difficult for you to lv fast, also within a pt, because you can´t tank. And the Advantages of merc in comparison to other classes are the HP/Deffence.

2-) Well if you have a lot of dex, you also get a good amount of magic hitting (I suppose?). Just that, if you only do pve, maxing the skill "Composure", is enough for hitting mobs to almost 100% (even lightningrecalls, if there are more than 1x mob), except mobs with the skills that are lowering your hits.

3-) I have made a thread just for discussing that. (Just made). But with dex, you should skill 2h mastery, because you don´t get the skill advantage, if the mobs don´t hit you.

4-) Well that, you have to decide for yourself, you can try it till 40 and see for yourself, if its a good idea. For me, I´m currently making a new character, that will be a pvp gsm who also can tank / lure and so.(I´m talking here +90 for pvp, the soonest). Don´t know if that turns out to be good, but hey, if you don´t like to try new things, why playing flo in the first place?